- The leading cause of death in the U.S. for both men and women is cardiovascular disease (CVD)
- High blood pressure is one of the leading causes of heart disease and stroke
- 1-in-3 adults in the U.S. have high blood pressure
- High cholesterol is a significant contributor to heart disease and stroke
- One-third of Americans are affected by high cholesterol
The good news is that both high blood pressure and high cholesterol can be successfully treated by cooperating with instruction from your physician. Through diet and exercise, and by taking appropriate medication if prescribed, you can take control of your cardiovascular health before a heart attack or stroke occurs.
Sumner Regional Medical Center’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is specially designed for patients with cardiovascular disease. A professionally certified team and state-of-the-art equipment is overseen by a full-time cardiologist. Our rehab program works with CVD patients recovering from heart attacks, surgeries and procedures to improve well-being and to return to a normal lifestyle by implementing heart-healthy nutritional and exercise programs along with counseling services.
If you suffer from CVD, let the qualified staff at Sumner Regional’s Cardiac Rehab customize a program designed to meet your personal health needs. We’ll work with you toward restoring function and limiting disability, and we’ll support you as you make changes that will lower your risk of heart problems in the future. As your area heart hospital, Sumner Regional Medical Center’s dedicated, compassionate staff is here to make certain that you have all the tools necessary to live a full and healthy life. Contact us today!